Monday, March 29, 2010

In the beginning was the word...

So, yes, the title is a bit sacrilegious. Still, it is a good introduction as to who I am. I am not sure why I am starting this blog but I think it will be a good way to vent. Plus, with luck, no one will probably ever read this so it's not like I will get in trouble for it. Though, that would be fun.

Along with this blog, I joined a dating site tonight. In a way, this is a night of many beginnings for me. I am hoping that if nothing else I will get some good stories to tell from the dating site. Maybe then I will have more to write in this blog other than just normal rantings. After all, I can only write so much about tv.

I guess I should talk about me. Yes, I am pretending that I don't like doing that. I am in my late twenties and have no life to speak of. As proof of that I will admit that I have both a Netflix and a Blockbuster online account. At the moment, I am still living with my parents and in case that did not completely label me as a loser, I have not been on a date in months and only dated three times in the last year. I have a B.A. in English Literature even though I am not a native English speaker. I was born in Mexico yet I am not a typical mexican. I don't like soccer, or any sports for that matter. I was not raised, nor am I now Catholic. My religious views are eclectic and will become apparent as time goes along. I think I am a bit funny but I am not sure I can write a humorous blog. I am gonna give it a try though and see if I succeed.

I guess I have left a very important part of me for the end. I am a gay man. You would think that in this day and age that would not be a hard thing to say. Especially on the night when Ricky Martin came out. It is not as easy as it should be, though. Not when you come from a very traditional, religious, mexican family and live in a state like Texas which still has a little bit to go before being completely gay friendly. I still will try to be more honest with myself and those around me as I believe this to be better in the long run. I guess that is all I have to say for tonight.

In the beginning was this blog, and what shall come after it is yet to be seen.

3 comments:

Candance said...

OMG, OMG, OMG!! You started a blog!! This is gonna rock the house!! I am SOOOOO freaking stoked!!

I think you are hilarious, wonderful and totally not a loser! You are my sweetie!!

Oh yeah, people may totally read this cause I just might pimp it on my blog. I'll give you time to get her up and going before I do, but you're too awesome to write and not be seen!!

Not Typical, Yet Fun said...

Thanks for the encouraging words. I really do hope this blog does end up not sucking. Any hints, ideas, tips and advice you want to dole out, I will be happy to accept.

Candance said...

Be you and be honest. That's the only way to make it work. And, don't let the trolls that will eventually find you get you down. There are always asses that will leave ugly comments, but you can delete them and, once you have more readers, they will totally come to your defense.

 
Creative Commons License
So What if I am not Typical? I'm Still Fun. by Not Typical, Yet Fun is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.